Poverty MappingFollow Us: Twitter Follow Us on Facebook YouTube Flickr | Share: Twitter Facebook
Global Subnational Infant Mortality Rates, v1 (2000)
- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2005. Poverty Mapping Project: Global Subnational Infant Mortality Rates. Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H4PZ56R2. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
ENW (EndNote & RefWorks)†
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
Note: Data for the Global Subnational Infant Mortality Rates, Version 2, with data benchmarked to the year 2015, are now available.
The global data sets are all translated to a common quarter-degree grid. A quarter-degree grid cell is approximately 770 square kilometers (300 square miles) at the equator, and progressively less at higher latitudes.
Infant Mortality Rates
[Deaths : Live Births]
- Shapefile (.shp) - Shapefile of infant mortality rate
- Grid (.adf)
- ¼ degree grid of infant mortality rate
- ¼ degree grid of births [denominator]
- ¼ degree grid of deaths [numerator]
- 2.5 minute grid of infant mortality rate
- 2.5 minute grid of births [denominator]
- 2.5 minute grid of deaths [numerator]
- Data Table - Excel (.xls) and Comma-Separated Value (.csv) tables of infant mortality rate at two resolutions:
- Highest resolution that can be matched spatially (same resolution as shapefile)
- Highest resolution available in tabular format (sometimes higher than could be matched spatially)
Ancillary Grid Data
[Country, population, land area, latitude, longitude, and sequence id number for each quarter-degree grid cell]
- Shapefile (.shp) - Quarter-degree grid-cell onlyover 800,000 cases
- Grid (.adf) - All variables at quarter-degree country grid at 2.5 minute resolution also enclosed
- Global Poverty Data Catalog - Excel (.xls) spreadsheet to facilitate use of the global poverty database.