Poverty MappingFollow Us: Twitter Follow Us on Facebook YouTube Flickr | Share: Twitter Facebook
Global Subnational Prevalence of Child Malnutrition, v1 (
1990 – 2002)
- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2005. Poverty Mapping Project: Global Subnational Prevalence of Child Malnutrition. Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H4K64G12. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
ENW (EndNote & RefWorks)†
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
The global data sets are all translated to a common quarter-degree grid. A quarter-degree grid cell is approximately 770 square kilometers (300 square miles) at the equator, and progressively less at higher latitudes. The global data sets include metadata files and data sets in the following formats:
Prevalence of Child Malnutrition
[Underweight children under 5 : Total children under 5 ]
- Shapefile (.shp) - Shapefile of the proportion of underweight children under 5 years old
- Grid (.adf) (please refer to this updated ReadMe file)
- ¼ degree grid of the proportion of underweight children under 5
- ¼ degree grid of total children under 5 [denominator]
- ¼ degree grid of underweight children under 5 [numerator]
- 2.5 minute grid of the proportion of underweight children under 5
- 2.5 minute grid of total children under 5 [denominator]
- 2.5 minute grid of underweight children under 5 [numerator]
- Data Tables - Excel (.xls) and Comma-Separated Value (.csv) tables of the proportion of underweight children under 5 with the highest resolution that can be matched spatially (same resolution as shapefile)
Ancillary Grid Data
[Country, population, land area, latitude, longitude, and sequence id number for each quarter-degree grid cell]
- Shapefile (.shp) - Quarter-degree grid-cell onlyover 800,000 cases
- Grid (.adf) - All variables at quarter-degree. Country grid at 2.5 minute resolution also enclosed
- Global Poverty Data Catalog - Excel (.xls) spreadsheet to facilitate use of the global poverty database.